MONEV Studio is an organization focused on promoting sustainable development and a more inclusive society through better literacy practices and monitoring and evaluation (monev). MONEV Studio develops various products, one of which is the MONEV Institute as a service to support the professionalization of monev practitioners by improving the knowledge, skills and direct experience of practitioners in carrying out their monev profession. MONEV Institute provides various types of professionalization needs with general training packages that can also be adapted to professional needs at individual and institutional levels.
The UN Resident Coordinator Indonesia has entrusted Studio MONEV to carry out Capacity Building on the Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Monitoring and Evaluation activities. MONEV Studio is a module maker and trainer in facilitating the needs for monitoring and evaluation of Disability Inclusion projects. The activity was carried out through Capacity Building for 2 days on 12-13 December 2022 at the Papua Room on the 7th floor, Menara Thamrin, Central Jakarta.
Furthermore, MONEV Studio also understands the expectations of Indonesia's UN Resident Coordinator so that this activity can increase capacity and refresh participants' understanding and knowledge of monev concepts and disability inclusion for project design and implementation. The training will also involve a resource person from an organization of persons with disabilities to help strengthen the understanding of the concept of disability in Indonesia. This activity also aims as follows:
- A better perspective based on human rights. Decisions should reflect changes in the performance of rights holders in exercising their rights to ensure that no one is left behind, including the most marginalized, and bear the obligation to respect, protect and fulfill those rights.
- An understanding of the principles of decision statements that must use decision statements, not activity statements according to decision-based management standards.
- Increasing commitment to lagging groups should be handled in the same way.
- Increased understanding of the principles of monitoring and evaluation based on the inclusion of people with disabilities for agreed projects.
Regarding the above needs, MONEV Studio through the MONEV Institute responded with a material structure to increase monev's capacity that combines learning from basic concepts to advanced, implementation techniques, role playing and group training that was conducted on December 12-13 in a hybrid way.
Goals and problems to be solved
The objectives of this monitoring and evaluation exercise include the following:
- Improve and equalize perspectives based on human rights, especially for people with disabilities.
- Improve understanding of the principles of monitoring and evaluation based on the inclusion of people with disabilities
- Support participants to implement knowledge gained about monitoring and evaluation principles into disability awareness projects.
- Increase commitment and concern for groups that are left behind and must be addressed in the same way.
- Trainees will learn how to generate and use disability data for program analysis and evaluation